Please support us to give disadvantaged local children a much needed Summer break
As we are all aware, the last 14 months have been particularly difficult, especially for the families we support. Our youth workers have seen a clear increase in mental health challenges amongst the young people that they work with. The lack of exercise and outdoor playtime have also negatively impacted children’s physical health.
Further, fragile financial circumstances have become even more strained with job losses, reduced working hours and ongoing uncertainty. This comes against the backdrop of 10+ years of austerity which has resulted in the reduction of government funding for youth clubs.
Most children look forward to their summer holidays. Unfortunately, many of the disadvantaged children in our area often feel differently when they don’t have a family holiday or even a daytrip to look forward to. An environment of urban poverty and deprivation limits their opportunities for self-development and negatively impacts their health and wellbeing. We want to ensure that the children we work with don’t suffer this fate.
Your support, through this appeal, will provide much needed resources for us to run a programme of holiday activities reaching 500 children over the summer.
With your support our summer programme can deliver:
- a comprehensive daily youth club programme across 6 sites in West London, providing a range of activities, workshops and support sessions;
- art, design and music projects including our new computer game design project;
- day trips and short holidays for children in the countryside or the seaside; and
- a partnership programme working with other youth and community charities providing joint outreach and detached delivery in local streets, estates and parks.
We can only do this with your help!
We are seeking £40,000 which will be matched, giving us a total target of £80,000. This appeal is part of the summer Big Give – Children’s Champions which is being backed by The Childhood Trust and long-term Harrow Club donors.
To donate please click here.
Please see below what your donations would mean for the young people in our community.
- £1000 – Will provide funding for an overnight camping trip for 10 children with tents, food and outdoor activities
- £500 – Will provide funding for a week of sporting activities with qualified coaches for 50 children
- £250 – Will cover the costs of a trip to the seaside with lunch for 15 children
- £50 – Will pay for a breakfast club session for 30 children
Thank you for your support and generosity!