How to raise a concern or make a complaint

A concern or complaint can be made in person, in writing or by telephone. They may also be made by a third party acting on behalf on a complainant, as long as they have appropriate consent to do so.

Concerns should be raised with a member of leadership team. If the issue remains unresolved, the next step is to make a formal complaint. 

Complainants should not approach individual Trustees to raise concerns or complaints. They have no power to act on an individual basis and it may also prevent them from considering complaints at Stage 2 of the procedure.

Complaints against charity staff (except the Managing Director) should be made in the first instance, to the Managing Director ( Please mark them as Private and Confidential.

Complaints that involve or are about the Managing Director should be addressed to the Chair of Trustees care of Please mark them as Private and Confidential.

Complaints about the Chair of Trustees, should go intialy to the Head of the Personnel Committee Chris Martin, care of or to the Charity Commission

For ease of use, a template complaint form is included below: